Thursday, April 2, 2009

Life Connections

I'm similar to Santiago in a way because i kinda changed from how i was in the past. In a way I changed like he did but in a way no. I changed from being a little girl to being more mature and serious. I'm different from Santiago because I don't follow my dreams. He is like working so hard to achieve that significant dream he had. Also he falls in love quick. I don't. I bet he don't even know what love is. I'm not saying I do, but i kinda got a better idea than he does.
I disagree with his decisions because he don't think about things before he acts, he just acts. Like for example, he didn't really think when he decided to go search for his treasure, he could of lost his whole life right there. He risked it. He also didn't think that that guy he trusted with his money would rob him, but he did. Also he decided to ask that girl to marry him too quick. I think that for someone to think about marriage is to know the person real good and trust that they won't get hurt. Santiago don't know if the girl is trustworthy or loves him like he says he loves her. He just thinks he could trust her. But then again he trusted the wrong person a while ago and that person turned out to rob him.
I'm pretty sure I would never do the same thing he did to pursue his dream because I don't believe in "dreams could come true". And I specially wouldn't go far just to try to make a dream happen. A dream that you're not sure might happen.

Caring for someone could affect most of your decisons. It could make you want to change for them and do what's better for them and not for you. For example if your planning to move somewhere else to get a better life but the person you care for won't move you won't move just to be near that person.

No comments: